Thank you to those of you who were able to make it to the meeting today. Here are slides from today's presentation (open PDF).
- Eastern Section American Society for Enology and Viticulture annual meeting (7 – 8 July): The ASEV/ES meeting will occur on-line this summer. See https://www.asev-es.org/ for details on the meeting, which will include research presentations and a panel discussion entitled “Future Grape Cultivars for Eastern North American Growers”.
- Eastern Viticulture and Enology Forum (13 July): The July 13th meeting is the next of a series of 4 virtual meetings organized by viticulture and enology extension specialists at Penn State, Cornell, and Virginia Tech. In addition to regional round-ups of seasonal progress, specialists from around the eastern US address pre-submitted questions from participants. Registration instructions and additional information about the meetings can be found on the attached Word document.
- Virginia Vineyards Association/Virginia Tech Summer Technical meeting (28 July)
- Virginia Tech’s AHS Jr. Agricultural Research and Extension Center is pleased to host the Virginia Vineyards Association (VVA) and others to a viticulture/enology field day on Wednesday 28 July 2021. This will be largely outdoors, in-person, and in the heat of late-July. If you are not fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (2+ weeks post final vaccination), please wear a face-mask. Meeting registration information will be available soon at the VVA website: https://virginiavineyardsassociation.org
- The day-long program, starts with registration at 8:00 am and includes the following, with much of the content simultaneously translated to Spanish:
- Review of viticulture and grape pathology research projects at the AREC (Use of ABA to delay budburst, field trial of enzymatic fungicide for powdery mildew management; use of rainshields under field conditions; novel wine grape variety research, and more)
- Invited speaker on ripe rot and other late-season rots of grape
- Demonstration of under-trellis vegetation management options (Winchester Equipment)
- Catered lunch
- Hands-on canopy assessment and late-season tune-up
- Grower’s experience with Petit Manseng, including tasting of different Petit Manseng wine styles
- An opportunity to socialize with other industry members
Unfortunately, Google stopped its blog subscription service. If you are a subscriber, you will receive an email from me. I will do my best to keep the same format as this blog, but pictures may not show up as nicely as used to be. I am seeking alternative options.