- GrapeIPM.org is our new online database and risk assessment system which allows you to manage your pesticide records and planning. We introduced it to select growers in 2018, and we are extending the invitation to more growers this year.
- You can assign multiple vineyards or blocks (whichever you wish to call).
- The system has a pre-made list of commonly used fungicides (we are working on insecticide now), thus, what you need to do is pick the one you have in your inventory, and enter in the system's calendar.
- If you happen to use not-so-common pesticides, we are working on an interface that allows you to enter your own.
- You can enter the area to be applied and the size of your sprayer, and the system will give you an estimate of how much you need to mix in your sprayer too.
- Once you create your plan, you can export it to a calendar (Google or iCal) to share with your co-workers.
- When you complete the spray, you check off, and at the end of the season, you can generate a table that meets the EPA's expectation for your record keeping.
- There is a function to enter your current inventory. If you use this function, you can check what needs to be purchased when you finish your planning for the year.
- It also helps tracking your other activities and record (e.g., pruning, weeding, growth stage, disease outbreak, etc).
- Also, if you happen to have a vineyard close to one of our weather stations, you can connect to it to obtain recent weather information as well.
- My research associate, Mr. Robert Burgholzer, who is also a vineyard owner, and I will host the meeting to introduce the system and walk you through the functions.
- This system is web-based and mobile-ready (i.e., no app to be installed). Make sure to bring your laptop, or tablet, or smartphone so that you can have hands-on experience!
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
GrapeIPM.org training on March 15th at Horton Vineyards
We will hold a training session for GrapeIPM.org on March 15th (this Friday) at Horton Vineyards (6399 Spotswood Trail, Gordonsville, VA 22942). The meeting starts at 1 PM and closes at 3 PM.